5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2015 3:58 AM by Lukasz Stanislawski

Animation of configuration of subassembly

Lukasz Stanislawski

Hello,

Is there a chance to make animation of assembly by changing the configuration of sub-assembly?

Otherwords, I present short tree:

• Assembly

- subassembly 1

- item 1

- item 2 <- configuration change of this item.

- item 3

- subassembly 2

- subassembly 3

So I would like to present animation in which 'item 2' will change its configuration. Configuration changes the position of this item which influence other items due to mates.

Can I make it in solidworks?

• Re: Animation of configuration of subassembly
          Deepak Gupta

Make a second configuration in subassembly 1 which has other configuration of item 2. Now insert that in main assembly in same position as instance 1. In animation you can show hide instance of subassembly 1 to reflect the configuration change

If I can ask, what kind of position change is there, can you control those by mates instead?

• Re: Animation of configuration of subassembly
              Lukasz Stanislawski

Thank you.

I rather can't use mates in this case. To get example issue I used fishing example. The position change of sub-assemblies is described below (items has been changed - concept remains the same):

A fishing rod rod with a line and hook... and you catch a fish:

• Whole assembly

- Rod subassembly

*Part of the rod 1 (2 configuration for that item - straight and bent. Top of the rod bends)

*Part of the rod 2

*Part of the rod 3

- Hook

- Line (2 configurations - Short and long. when you catch a fish line is long, when not line is short)

Now I would like to have animation when I catch a fish and my rod and line animate from config 1 (straight position) to config 2 (fish catch position) together at once and in a smooth movement.

I am not experienced in animations, sorry