AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multibody Sheet Metal Bodies Part Numbering

Question asked by Matt Conlin on Oct 12, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 by Matt Conlin

Wow, this is a tough one.  Basically, we have a box with a bottom and 4 sides.  So, 5 individual pieces. Attached is a very basic version of what we are making. The laser software (Radan & RadImport) needs a .dxf flat pattern or each piece to cut out.

We export flat patterns from a multibody sheet metal part to individual .dxf files.  By default, these files are named "Flat-Pattern2 - part name".  Is there a way to have that exported file name show up in a BOM or Cut List?  Alternatively, is there a way to automatically name the .dxf exported files with discrete names like "project number" "part number" "piece number"?

The laser software can read a .csv file that has project number, part number, individual piece number, material thickness, and quantity all listed for all of the .dxf files in a project and it will go "find" the individual .dxf files, but only if the names of the .dxf files match the .csv file.  I'm trying to find a way to populate a BOM or Cut List with this information.  It literally could save me days of work for each project.

Is this possible?  Custom properties?  API?  What's the easiest way to get this done?  I'd rather not name the parts manually as I've got thousands of bodies to do.

box 1.JPG

Outcomes