2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2015 2:23 PM by Garrett Matheron

Finding Under-defined sketches from Assembly

Bhavarth Sharaf

Hello there!

Is there any way to find all under-defined sketches of parts within an assembly.

In my assembly some of the parts have under-defined sketches which create problems in future.

Can I find all those sketches directly from an assembly without having a bulky expansion of each part in feature manager tree?

• Re: Finding Under-defined sketches from Assembly
          Glenn Schroeder

I don't know of any way to filter under defined sketches directly.  Maybe someone could write a macro to do it, but I don't know enough about them to know if that's a possibility.  If no one else answers in a day or so you might try moving this Discussion to the API section.  The macro folks would be more likely to see it there.

• Re: Finding Under-defined sketches from Assembly
            Garrett Matheron

I'm not sure either, but if you haven't renamed your sketches, you could use the search filter in the feature tree. Just type in 'sketch' and all of the sketches will show up and you'll be able to see the state of each, without expanding manually. Otherwise, if this is a behavior you'd like to avoid in the future, go Tools>Options>System Options. On the System Options tab, select the heading Sketch and among the series of checkboxes on the right, there will be 'Use Fully Defined Sketches'.