I am designing a machine that used for assembly line. The machine working process as following:
1. Operator places 3 parts in a jig with locktie.
2. robot (hexapod form PI H-811 6-Axis Miniature Hexapod ) will pick up 1st part.
3. Camera will take a picture, then calculate positions and orientations of parts.
4. base on results of calculation, the haxapod will move part and place that part on a hole satisfying pre-defined tolerances.
5. the hexapod then will move to 2nd and 3rd part to do the same process as 1st part.
6. after adjusting 3 parts, heater will heat up locktie to fix 3 parts.
the problem here are:
1. I need a mechanism to hold 1st part in the positions and orientations that it was adjusted, so the hexapod can move to 2nd and then 3rd.
in the original idea, we use 3 hexapods, but it is not economic to use 3 ones (1 hexapod costs about 28k USD, then if we use 3, the machine will be expensive and our customer doesn't except that cost).
2. so we have to design a jig to hold them, but the distance between parts are to small, like ~4mm distance between 2 adjacent parts (these parts are also small as well).
So I ask you guys here for any idea on designing a jig like I mentioned or
any others jigs/mechanisms that could help the machine work best.
Sorry, I cannot attach any file because it's company confidential.
I am looking forward for your feedback.
thank you all