AnsweredAssumed Answered

Costing; Materials, Setup, and Run Time, Oh My

Question asked by Derek Eldridge on Oct 8, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2019 by Derek Eldridge

While costing is a great concept and I do appreciate it's attempt to make design to costing possible. It's lacking a good starting point to work from.

I understand that each shop has it's own methods to costing a job, so creating a default end all template would be practically impossible. But I'm looking for a baseline that can at least get me in the ballpark.

As a product development engineer, I don't do a lot on the manufacturing side to cost jobs. So when it comes to setting the costs for say machine cost per hour, setup time, or time per cut length, I have no idea where to begin. I've been on the hunt for a shop that actually uses and will supply even a closed source version of the solidworks costing so that I can have a good baseline to work with. If I found such a shop, I would most likely use the to make the parts as well.

Does anyone know of any shops that actually use and supply costing templates for solidwork?

or

Maybe someone is willing to share costing templates they have put together that work for them?

If not, would anyone be willing to work together to build a community costing template that we can all update as time permits and share back and forth?

Outcomes