1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 4:30 AM by Rufus Cooke

Working with an X_T of assembly from client - no sldprt files available - best practice?

Jack Darby

I have been tasked with new product development, using existing geometry as a base - the assembly for product in question has been supplied in X_T format. The original design is not my own, and I want to minimise my working time by modifying what I have been given rather than start fresh.

Is there a robust method for importing/converting X_T files as/to sldprt's for a more user friendly assembly?

Apologies for lack of experience, new to the game!

cheers.

• Re: Working with an X_T of assembly from client - no sldprt files available - best practice?
          Rufus Cooke

Jack,

as X_t files are ParaSolid files and they are using the same kernal as SolidWorks, so in effect, you'll have a very usable import in a (nearly) native SolidWorks format. I use them ALOT for CNC input (into 5-axis AlphaCAM) with virtually no re-work of the geometry - however, the original files are generated in SW versus the software that yours may have been generated from. As all CAD platforms output in slightly different ways, that may be a question you'll want to ask when receiving exported files.

As soon as you do this a few times, it'll become clearer.

Cheers,

RC