6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 10:58 AM by Kenneth Barrentine

Titleblock setup

Peter Bergendahl

Hello,

Another dumb question that I cannot seem to find any good tutorials online for.

I want to change the zones to more zones, instead of these 4. I was going to double it. I have found the zones under properties and changed it and the zone lines look correct, see the green lines. Are there operators that adjust the letters, numbers, and the tick marks to the new zones?

ProE and NX both have this capability.  Or...do I have to manually draw all this stuff in?

Peter

Capture.JPG

• Re: Titleblock setup
          Deepak Gupta

SW2016 has the cool feature called Automatic Border that is what you should need.

Chris Wilson

I may be mis-understanding you here. But. The zones are NOT necessarily connected to your Border. Does your company Not have standard borders ie A1 A2 A3 in Landscape and Portrait. I set ours up years ago and edit when needed. The zone set themselves to a Parameter. Not a border. Judging by the Screen shot you have supplied, I am sure you can edit your Border format to add the line, Lines that are missing to meet the amount, no matter how many, Zones you may have. IF.. that is the case then

Right click on your Border in an open drawing

Click 'Edit sheet format'

Add the lines using normal Line command

Exit and save.

I might be wrong, But I am pretty sure the zones are set up for the size of sheet. Not you personal Borders.

Good luck and let me know

Peter Bergendahl

Great, that is the kind of confirmation I am looking for. That's fine if the zones aren't connected to the borders. I am just looking for the easiest way to make the borders. It seems like they should be connected to zones though....

Like I mentioned Creo and NX have pretty easy setups for borders. You tell it the rows/columns of "zones" and it makes the borders for you, and then you tweak from there.

Thanks!

Peter

Peter Bergendahl

Zones and the borders are a little connected. I just started to manually draw in lines for the tick marks. I moved the column numbers and row letters around and they automatically change depending on what zone column/row they are in. So there is some connection...

Peter

Chris Wilson

In that case Peter. I'm a little lost. Looks to me a weird border in any way. Maybe someone with more Knowledge thamn me set the border up to control the zone. WHY? We Captureffffffffffffffff.PNGhave 2 sets of lines. (Old School Borders. One set is the Grid. (Sheet Zones) They are top and Left. The others are purely Fold Lines top and Right. I'm not sure why you'd need so many more lines on the borders. Ive attached one of our Borders A1. It is PURE coincidence they happen to line up with anything. Accept I mention Zones are connected to the sheet Format and the top lines are A4 apart for foliding. You can see there is no connection to the Grid Lines.

Kenneth Barrentine

the adjustment is located under Sheet Properties> Zone Parameters

to access Sheet Properties;

right click in drawing and select "Properties"

or

at bottom left corner of drawing> right click on "Sheet1" tab> Properties

I have my Zone Grid set to a hotkey (Alt+Z) so i can turn it off and on quickly.