4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 7:21 AM by Mark Greenwell

POSITION OF WELDING

Adel Taheri Aval

HI

HOW TO INSERT POSITION OF WELDING (1G, 2G ,....)   WHEN  WE USE WELD BEAD , AND THEN INSERT IN WELD TABLE ?

• Re: POSITION OF WELDING
            Mark Greenwell

Hi Adel,

In the assembly what you could do is add the weld position in the weld properties of the weld bead properties

Then when you add the weld table, add another Colum and link this column to the Weld process.

Save this weld table as a new template.

Thanks

Mark

SolidWorks 2016 sp0

Adel Taheri Aval

TANKS MARK

I HAVE 2 WELD POSITION (1G & 3G)  BY SAME MATERIAL AND METHOD OF WELDING .HAVE CAN I INSERT THEM  ON THE TWO SEPARATE GROUP. NOW THE ONLY WAY IS TO ASSIGN DIFFERENT   BEAD SIZE TO CRATE  SEPARATE GROUP , BUT MY CONFIGURATION IS :

1) SMAW - 1 G- BEAD SIZE 5 mm

2) SMAW - 3 G- BEAD SIZE 5 mm

HOW YOU INSERT NEW WELD GROUP BYE SAME BEAD SIZE ACC. TO ABOVE PICTURE( 12 mm FILLET )

Mark Greenwell

Hi Adel,

Don't know how you would have different weld methods showing for same types of weld.

The only way I can think of is to put a unique size weld in for the second size.

For example a 10mm for vertical 3G & something stupid like 10.01mm for the 1G horizontal weld.

Then edit your weld table and break the link of the 10.01 size, and change back to 10mm.

Unfortunately this means if you update your model you would have to delete your table and re - do..

Thanks

Mark