3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2015 5:11 PM by Prasad Bhonsule

EPDM - Common Hatch Pattern File

Shaun Jalbert

I have a custom hatch pattern file that I want to share on our EPDM network with several users.

I can't figure out how to make SolidWorks point to this file as the default "File Location" for hatches.

Any idea's?

Thanks,

Shaun

• Re: EPDM - Common Hatch Pattern File
          Prasad Bhonsule

Hi Shaun, the difficulty probably comes if the local vault view on each machine is at a different location.

If the vault views are at the same location on each PC (eg C:\\EPDM-vault), then you could put the hatch pattern file into the vault, point Solidworks to that location and tell everyone else to do the same.

Hope this helps.

Prasad

Shaun Jalbert

I have the file in a public folder already and I want to point the default SolidWorks "File Location" for hatches to that folder.

My question is... under "System Options"/"File Location" - which option is for hatch patterns? I can't figure out which file path to update.

Thanks

Prasad Bhonsule

Hi Shaun, sorry I misunderstood the question.

Unfortunately it's not possible to set the location of the hatch pattern file via System Options, File Locations

There is an open SPR for this:

881681 - Ability to customize location of hatch patterns file via System Options > File Locations

So you would need to have the same file on each machine to have everyone using the same hatch patterns.

Kind regards,

Prasad