AnsweredAssumed Answered

Treehouse 2015 - Nearly a great product?

Question asked by John Wayman on Oct 5, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 by Bernie Daraz

I only found out that Treehouse 2015 existed last week. I was very excited about a piece of software that made the production of a model/drawing family tree simple, quick and straightforward.

My excitement turned out to be short-lived, however, when I realised that it is basically no use for creating a model/drawing family tree, after all.

The little box that shows each part contains all the necessary information and displays that information when you hover over the box. However, there seems to be no way of printing the tree. If you take a screenshot to use as a family tree drawing, none of the useful information shows up. So, for my assembly 'MCP1234-001', I just get a load of little pictures labelled 'MCP1234-0...'. There is a number in the top right of each picture telling me how many of each part the assembly uses (if the number is greater than 1), but nothing telling me what those parts are.

Capture.PNG

On the other hand, I thought, I could use it to generate my BOM structure before I start modelling. So I did and, when I tried to export it to Solidworks, I got an error telling me it could not open a valid version of Solidworks, after it had opened what looked like a perfectly valid version of Solidworks to me...

It's as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Is it me? Am I just not doing it right? Have I got some essential option turned off or on? Or is it really just nearly useful, but not actually useful at all?

SW2015, SP5.

Note: I tried the same exercise in SW2016 PR1 and saw the same results.

Please demonstrate that I am completely wrong and that it is a truly great addition to Solidworks!

Regards,

John

Outcomes