3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 10:28 PM by robert dattilo

Simple mates problems w/ CSWP.

robert dattilo

Hello;

I fortunately with a whole lot of effort passed segment 1 & 2 of the CSWP exam. I went to take segment 3 today, & things were going fairly well, then when asked to create

a simple 2 components sub assy., in attempting a couple of simple mates like concentric; yes concentric, it like wouldn't acknowledge the face's of these cylindrical parts. I wasn't sure what was going on but finally they would seemingly kick in after around 8 tries. I also tried the temporary axis mate, which didn't work as a substitute for concentric.  I knew I had width mates to do also & struggled through that. It seemed like I would grab one face for the width & it would input two before I had a chance to move to the next; it did this around 4 times, not just a fluke. The test seemed much easier than segment one but with this going on I couldn't get things done, or deal with the real problems that came up. 

This is pretty crazy, & I can re-take the test on our subscriptions etc., but just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what might of happened before I try again? I used my own Assy. template, that I had successfully been using this week etc.

Thanks, for any input in advance;

Rob_D SW 2014 sp4.

• Re: Simple mates problems w/ CSWP.
          Thomas Morgan-Witts

Only advice I can give is to make sure you're selecting the tangent relationship or the width relationship before you select members of the mate, that avoids a fair few problems that can come up in mating.

robert dattilo

Hello;

I just tried a couple of simple mates, & you should be able to pick something then usher the mate command, or pick the mate command first, then

choose the faces or whatever. With the more advanced mates I was getting the mate type started before picking anything.  I just created some simple parts; here at home & they worked fine, as they have for years of doing this, except for the seg 3 assembly portion test for CSWP, then I couldn't get a concentric mate to work; it felt like the twilight zone. I talked to certification & they were able to see I was doing well until that point. I wasn't even able to re-create the problems will the models I still had after the test. It was probably the most bizarre experience I've ever had with SW, with very bad timing. I also had just done a fresh re-boot before taking the test. I used the tangix tester that I used for segment two on 9-21-15, & thought that might of been a problem, but the last change they did was 9-20-15, so I think I had the most up to date version, not knowing if that would make a difference anyway.

Thanks for your input; x

Rob_D

robert dattilo

Hello;

I tried it again today & didn't have the problem and was able to pass segment #3. I talked with our Var, & they said there was a chance it was a graphics card driver issue. He recommended a re-download, even if the driver was acceptable. The other thing he recommended was that if it happened again while I was testing, to just re-start SW; of course I couldn't re-start my computer because that would end that test. Just thought I'd add this info. to the post.

Thanks,

Rob_D