0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 5:23 PM by Dacia Monroe

Batch - Get Write Access

Dacia Monroe

Is it possible to batch select Parts/Assemblies to get write access or make read only?

I am not very familiar with multi-use environment. After reading a couple articles about it, I see it being a powerful tool for the company I work for.
      Our standard work flow would be a main designer having write access with a documentation manager and secondary designer needing write access.
      I would like everyone to "Open referenced documents with read-only access." This wouldn't be a problem for the documentation manager and the secondary designer, but with the amount of changes the main designer is doing I can see the "get write access" for every part change being a new hassle.

Perhaps the Main designer would be the only one to not "Open referenced documents with read-only access." But then the documenation manager and secondary designer are constantly trying to "get write access" and not being able to. Followed by them then interrupting the main designer frequently, to ask for them to make certain items read only.This seems problematic, but wouldn't be if it was batch selection of a subassembly with its contained parts to become read only for the main designer with one click.

So is it possible to batch select Parts/Assemblies to get write access?