3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 6:36 PM by Glenn Schroeder

bom not updating automatically

Maxim Frayer

Using SW 2015 sp2.1 (x64) and having issues with the drawing BOM (SW table or default) update or regenerate automatically.  The model reference is a multiconfig.  As I change the drawing view config, from which the BOM was created, the table does not update automatically.  The work around to update is to additionally select the configuration in the BOM property manager.

It now seems (don't recall identical behavior in previous version), that the BOM is not attached to the drawing view!  What am I missing for automatic BOM table updating?

• Re: bom not updating automatically
          Glenn Schroeder

Hello Maxine,

While you need an active drawing view of an assembly to insert a BOM, as far as I know the BOM has always been linked to the assembly itself instead of the drawing view after being inserted.  In fact, after inserting the BOM you can delete the drawing view (and I've done so many times if it filled up a whole sheet) and the BOM will still be there, and still be parametric.

As you said, if you change the drawing view's configuration you'll also need to change the configuration that the BOM is referencing in it's PropertyManager.

Maxim Frayer

If that's the case, then that's just wonderful.   Even more mouse clicks needed to do a task that was once automatic!  A common occurrence in the modern SW philosophy, etc.

Glenn Schroeder

I'm sorry you feel that way.  I don't know that the BOM was ever linked to the drawing view, and would change configurations along with it.  I know it hasn't been that way for the last several years.  Maybe someone that's been using the software longer than I have can reply to that.

For me, I like the way it works.  As I said in my first post, if I have a BOM that fills the page I like being able to delete the drawing view after the BOM is inserted.