6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2015 3:10 PM by Jamil Snead

List of issues

C. Owens

When I go to Solidworks online help, and they give me a button to click...is it too much to ask for them to put the location of said button.  Many of these are buried under other buttons and virtually impossible to find on your own.  For some of us, it is not intuitive.

Why do the relations indicators disappear?  Not cool.  How do I get the angle of the line to show so I know it is vertical/horizontal? I only get length.

Why do end of line points show until I try to draw onto the end of them and then they vanish?  Also not cool..

Access Sketch Snaps through the Quick Snaps toolbar, the Quick Snaps  Tool_Quick_Snaps_CommandManager_Sketch.gif flyout on the Sketch toolbar, or the shortcut menu.  Where is the shortcut menu? "No results found"

I want the snaps on, why do they leave suddenly?

Why aren't there better help instructions from Solidworks?  I click on a get help icon, I have to log in --just throw me a bone here would'ja?

AND incidentally just under "start a discussion"  it says

It doesn't say how to mark this as a question.  Checkmark yes or checkmark no?

Does anyone from Solidworks ever read theses posts or do the  messages just go out to the poor souls who are trying to help others.

Am I alone here?

So frustrated

• Re: List of issues
          Jamil Snead

Many of these are buried under other buttons and virtually impossible to find on your own.

If you don't know where a button is you can change the SW search type to Commands and then start to type in the name of the command/feature and the button you want should show up.

Then as an awesome added bonus, you can click those little glasses next to the command and it will show you where in the menu hierarchy the button is.

Why do the relations indicators disappear?

I don't know why your relations would randomly disappear, but you can get them to show up again by going to View > Sketch Relations. I assigned a keyboard shortcut to this to I can easily toggle them on and off.

How do I get the angle of the line to show so I know it is vertical/horizontal?

If you show the relations you should see if there is a horizontal or vertical relation. Otherwise I think you'd need to use the measure tool to measure the angle between that line and one that you know is horizontal/vertical. Or measure between the endpoints and look at the delta xyz.

Where is the shortcut menu?

I don't know what the shortcut menu is.

I want the snaps on, why do they leave suddenly?

I have had issues with my system angle snap option turning off on its own, but that is the only one. I have no idea why it happens.

It doesn't say how to mark this as a question.  Checkmark yes or checkmark no?

I think it is pretty intuitive that checking the box would indicate yes you want to mark it as a question.

Does anyone from Solidworks ever read theses posts or do the  messages just go out to the poor souls who are trying to help others.

Sometimes people from SW read these posts, but I don't know if it is every post or just certain ones. The best way to get your feedback back to SW is to report issues to your VAR. Not that you'll ever hear anything about it ever again but that is the "official" way to request enhancements.

• Re: List of issues
            Greg Hynd

You just moved over from AutoCAD?