4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 1:43 PM by Mark Kaiser

linking missing drawings

Kristopher Hop

I am new to solid works (using 2015), using it for work, and my first project is to fix all the drawings (2-D, and 3-D). When I open these drawings I get a message telling me "Unable to locate file..." I think that I've located where these missing drawings have been stored, but I don't know how to get them back together. Again I'm new to this program so please be nice.

• Re: linking missing drawings
          Andy Sanders

When you open the drawings, look for the "References" button toward the bottom right.

This will give you a list of all associated files.  Just fix all the missing links and you should have it.

Adel Taheri Aval

go on the missing view and get right click . then go up on the opened window and stand on the  open part to show the file name . then u can search the part by name in your windows.then go to file and use find reference  and locate the part into right position Untitled1.pngUntitled.png

Kristopher Hop

It took a while but now I'm able to get the drawings going again.

Now I'm having another issue with one of the drawings. I'm trying to get the 2-D drawing (.drw, slddrw) to open, but there is another 3-D model associated with it which is a .sldprt. I go through the general process of re-linking but I get an error message saying: "File name entered was invalid, not found, locked or of an incompatible type." When I found the file and opened it prompted me to save it to a newer version which I did, and I still get the error. Any suggestions would be helpful.