4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 3:45 PM by Mousa D

Connecting issues

Mousa D

Hello,

Is there any way I can make sure all my lines are connected properly? When I imported my AutoCAD file, I converted to entites, fixed my sketch and then deleted all the relations to be able to delete the imported curves and keep my sketch.

However, when I zoom in to the max the lines connected either deform or look like they arent connected.

I deleted alot of lines and drew them again in Solidworks, however same issue.

Nonetheless, when I import into ANSYS the lines aren't connect at intersection as well giving me a lot of errors and tbh frustration as it's been days trying to resolve this.

How can I get my model to be 100% connected properly! I never knew it will take that much effort to just connect lines into a single node/point.

P.S: I have attached my Solidworks for better understanding.

Any help is massively appreciated as I have been stuck for a long long time now.

Best regards,

Mousa

• Re: Connecting issues
          Casey Bergman

Look under Tools, sketch tools, check sketch for feature.  It will show where there are gaps or open areas.

Scott Harvey

Go back into Autocad and use the extend feature.  Since its there are long lines to extend to it shouldn't take but a couple of minutes to fix then reimport into SW.  I see this all the time with snaps not on.  3D Sketches are harder to fix especially one this size.

Mousa D

Hi Scott,

Can you please explain what you mean by extend feature? As I have created those lines using only lines and couple splines (Arch ribs) in AutoCAD 3D Modelling. I made sure that Osnaps are on in AutoCAD when constructing my model/sketch. I also tried to join/PEDIT my AutoCAD however also no luck.

Even though they look connected and nice to a certain zoom, when you zoom to the max you can see that they actually aren't.

It is so frustrating as it's been days trying different things.