6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 3:20 PM by Lawrence Kiefer

Rename Add-In in EPDM

Lawrence Kiefer

I have an Add-In in EPDM that have been testing and now I would like to go live with it with the other users. The Add-In is currently named as APIMoveExample. I would like to rename this because as a right click menu item this is not a good name. I do not know API, or dispatch well so I am hoping someone can tell me how to rename this in laymen terms. The image below is just to show what I am referring to.

th.jpg

• Re: Rename Add-In in EPDM
          Tom Smith

That name won't be visible to users in the right click menu.  But you can still change it:

Below is from the help file.  "Menu command sample" is the name you want to change in the admin addin list.  "First command" is what will appear in right click menus, and what users will see.

Public Sub GetAddInInfo(ByRef poInfo As EdmLib.EdmAddInInfo, ByVal poVault As EdmLib.IEdmVault5, ByVal poCmdMgr As EdmLib.IEdmCmdMgr5) Implements EdmLib.IEdmAddIn5.GetAddInInfo

'Specify the add-in information

poInfo.mbsAddInName = "Menu command sample"

poInfo.mbsCompany = "SOLIDWORKS Corporation"

poInfo.mbsDescription = "Adds menu command items"

poInfo.mlAddInVersion = 1

poInfo.mlRequiredVersionMajor = 5

poInfo.mlRequiredVersionMinor = 2

'Add menu command items (the command-ID numbers 1000 and 1001 are
            'arbitrary; PDM does not use them; instead, PDM only passes them to the
            'implementation of OnCmd to know which command was selected)

poCmdMgr.AddCmd(1000, "First command", EdmMenuFlags.EdmMenu_Nothing, "This is the first command", "First command", 0, 99)

poCmdMgr.AddCmd(1001, "Second command", EdmMenuFlags.EdmMenu_MustHaveSelection, "This is the second command", "Second command", 1, 99)

End Sub