7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 6:47 AM by James Riddell

Sheetmetal assembly FEA issues

Carl Leenders

Hi everyone.

I'm hoping someone can help me here, before I tear (the rest of) my hair out.

I have a sheetmetal assembly which I am trying to perform an FEA analysis.  I am wanting to optimize the design, so: test, edit, test, edit, etc.  I cannot for the life of me get this model to behave itself and give me results which work.  The only consistent results I get are errors and the occasional SW crash.  The biggest problem is I don't think the global contacts is working as it ought, as some parts are pushed through others, some pieces have no stress (and obviously should), etc.  How can I join these parts together?  Or how should I be testing a sheetmetal assembly (having never done a sheetmetal assembly FEA test before)? 

Or is someone willing to look at my assembly and recommend how I get it to go?  Due to the nature of the project I am working on, I'm not too keen to post my model here, but I am happy to privately send it to someone who knows their stuff   I'm sure it's child's play for someone who knows their stuff!

SW Premium, 2015.

Thanks in advance!