1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 4:27 PM by Gokan Simsek

I need a macro to check out latest versions of a list of files from a Workgroup PDM 2014.

Gokan Simsek

I need a macro to check out latest versions of a list of files from a Workgroup PDM 2014.

if I can have the list in a text file that would be great. Is this possible with VBA?

I'd like to check out a drawing and its model at the same time and copy them to a folder on my PC.

• Re: I need a macro to check out latest versions of a list of files from a Workgroup PDM 2014.
          Gokan Simsek

I spent 4 hours for this. I'm posting it so you don't have to. You need to enter your paths info etc

Sub Main()

Dim connection As PDMWConnection

Set connection = CreateObject("PDMWorks.PDMWConnection")

connection.Login "username", "password", "PDMserver"

Dim doc2 As PDMWDocument

Dim dataArray() As String

Dim i As Integer

Const strFileName As String = "C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\list.txt"

Open strFileName For Input As #1

dataArray = Split(Input$(LOF(1), #1), vbLf)

Close #1

For i = LBound(dataArray) To UBound(dataArray)

dataArray(i) = CleanNonPrintable(dataArray(i))

If dataArray(i) <> "" Then

Set doc2 = connection.GetSpecificDocument(dataArray(i) & ".SLDPRT")

On Error Resume Next

Value = doc2.TakeOwnership()

Value = doc2.Save("savetopath")

Set doc2 = connection.GetSpecificDocument(dataArray(i) & ".SLDDRW")

On Error Resume Next

Value = doc2.TakeOwnership()

Value = doc2.Save("savetopath")

End If

Next

connection.Logout

End Sub

---------------------

insert what's below into a module.

-----------------------

Function CleanNonPrintable(StringIn)

Dim Tmp

Dim Char

Dim Value

For i = 1 To Len(StringIn)       'Looping through each character in VarCleanMessageText

Char = Mid(StringIn, i, 1)   'Getting a substring of each character, i is the character position, 1 is the length of the substring

Value = Asc(Char)                       'Getting the Ascii Value of the character

If (Value > 31) And (Value < 128) Then  'This is a valid printable character

Tmp = Tmp & Char                    'So add it to our Tmp String

Else

Tmp = Tmp & ""       'Otherwise, we'll add <ASCII VALUE> in brackets to the string Feel free

'to replace the brackets with whatever you feel necessary

End If

Next                                       'Closing our For Loop and going to the next Character

CleanNonPrintable = Tmp                    'Replacing the original VarCleanMessageText with our new value

End Function