30 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 11:19 AM by Mark Olsen

Crash = lost work, will SW wake up?

Nolton Johnson

After 14 years of asking, SW will not make a simple SAVE REMINDER like my other CAD software had decades ago!!! I used the SPR procedure but SW says its up to me to make it popular. That is not logical. This is a very simple and very important money saving thing to do and they should just do it!!! SW finally gave me a junk little window that only works at the bottom right and fades away. I don't even notice it any more and that is why I loose work when the software crashes. AutoRecover does not work well, I can't depend on it. Sometimes I can get help from my Carbonite backup. My last request was to give me the simple option of moving the reminder window to the center of the monitor so I can't miss it, but noooo, it is up to me to play their silly social network game of getting ranking. Frankly, I am so sick of wasting time and money redoing my work that I am seriously looking for a better CAD solution. There is a promising one out there that saves my work constantly. I couldn't lose work with that one if I tried. Wake up SW.

Funny, at the bottom of this post window it says "your content was last auto-saved at 6:49 PM". Now it says 6:50, 6:51. It is auto-saving my complaint each minute! Why in the CRAP can't SW give me a simple, simple, simple 20 year old tool to let me do that myself for my design work????