We are currently looking for a good 3D CAD Mechanical Designer with Solidworks experience and plastic part design experience. A good opportunity awaits the right creative, high energy and motivated individual.
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Performs engineering functions when directed by the Design Engineer / CAD Manager, Product Engineering Manager and Senior Engineering Manager.
- Create 3D solid CAD files of parts and assemblies of moderate to high complexity. Creates new CAD drawings for products, under supervisory direction.
- Works closely with Operations and Supply Chain personnel and selected vendors on project-related issues.
- Utilizes electronic file transfer technologies and vaulting system to share, transfer and store electronic files (CAD).
- Supports Engineering department in the development of new products.
- Provides Engineering support when needed for improving or cost-reducing existing products.
- Works with manufacturing and product development suppliers to obtain quotes and cost estimates when required.
- Attends New Product Development team meetings as required.
- Coordinates, assembles and modifies prototypes as required.
- Performs engineering change requests as well as writing and publishing Engineering Letters.
- Assists in new product testing specifications and procedures, working with Quality Assurance to ensure compliance with quality requirements and standards.
- Assist in the evaluation of first production samples and the modifications/improvements of designs.
- Provides project management on engineering projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Develops and manages new product development project timelines for assigned projects.
- Ensures that all operations are carried out at the minimum cost consistent with quality standards.
- Maintains a high degree of employee motivation and morale, departmental and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Maintains neatness and orderliness in the department. Complies observance of safety regulations and initiates action to establish new regulations whenever the need arises.
- Maintains and complies with policies, procedures and practices relating to operations of the plant.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as designs, drawings, production standards, product specifications, safety and environmental rules and regulations, regulatory agencies, technical procedures, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and documentation.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, vendors, designers, managers, etc.
- Contribute to yearly departmental goals, develop procedures (best practices, drafting specifications, new product development process, and collaborative design process).
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as basic algebra, geometry, and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Engineering tools: DFMEA, DFMA, FEA, plastic material validation, model making, rapid prototyping, project management, and mechanical design concepts. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as material yields, production requirements, percentage and gross margins and burden.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Interpret agency requirements (NSF, UL, ETL, etc.)
- Requires good mechanical and math aptitude, problem solving, team building and communication skills.
- Requires the ability to operate a variety of measuring tools and devices.
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, Projects, etc) programs and 2D & 3D CAD design ability required. SolidWorks required.
- Requires ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment including telephone, calculators, copy, and fax machines.
- An ability to interact as a team member and accountable as team member.
- Requires a minimum of 3 to 6 years’ experience in SolidWorks 3D CAD design, including experience in design of plastic molded parts and assemblies, snap fits, moving parts and mechanisms. Experience in surface modeling preferred but not required. Proven background in transferring and translating electronic solid modeling files.
- Requires Associates degree or 2 year diploma in related design/engineering discipline or 3 to 6 years related experience: or a combination of education and/or experience
Physical/Environmental Demands: The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical and environmental demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Requires standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time, talking and listening.
- Must be able to walk and use hands.
- Typically work is in an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 - 50 lbs.
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Design, Engineering, Professional Services
Education 2 Year Degree
Experience At least 3 year(s)
Manages Others Not Specified
Industry Manufacturing, Hospitality, Other Great Industries
Required Travel Not Specified