7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 10:57 AM by Paul Salvador

sweep

Moisés Mj

Hi!!! I'm new to this software. And I'm finding some setbacks to solve this question. I've made relations that it needed and I tried to sweep. But I always end up like that (please, see the image added), with a beak on my drawing. This drawing should looks like a mouse, but it is a bit far from it. Can anyone help me, please??? I know that I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what it is. Thanks in advance! Bye!!

• Re: sweep
          Richard Wehmeyer

Looks like you need some more guide curves.  The sketch on the top plane should be broken into two sketches and used as guide curves.

Tom dunn

Can you upload your part for us to look at? It is hard to look at the pictures without having the feature tree to see what is going on.

Mark Kaiser

My guess is this is more of a boundary feature operation rather than a sweep.

Paul Salvador

See if this helps...

swe2.png

Moisés Mj

Hi everyone!!! First of all, I'd like to apologise for absence, so much work to do, I haven't stopped until now. Secondly, I'd like to thank everyone for the help. It was a good surprise for me, so much help in such short time. Thanks!! Well, about my question, I believe that I couldn't explain myself very clear about my problem. I am a mechanical drafter. For years I worked with AutoCAD. And now, I need to learn SolidWorks. So, I REALLY need to learn about this software. I don't need to know everything about it, but the little I know, I wanna deeply know! Yeah, I know that mouse can be made by Loft feature, and maybe by other ways. I was training (studying) Sweep feature. I already made a plane by this feature, and everything just gone fine!!! But when I tried to make that mouse, I ended up like that. Why??? That's what I wanna know! Why sweep feature is behaving that way??? What I'm supposing doing wrong?? Why does that beak appears??? I used Pierce to join Guide Lines to Profile. I also looked at the Relations Display. And I couldn't find anything wrong. So, to conclude, I'd like to know if I have any way to find out what is wrong. If you guys could help me, I'd be very grateful!! Thanks in advance!!! Bye!!! OBS: I'm sending my drawing, I hope that can help!!!