3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2015 4:07 PM by Francesco Oorthuizen

sw2015 system crash

Scott Hopkin

My SW 2015 is constantly crashing. Does any one else have this problem and is there a fix? Does it have to do with Windows 7 updates?

• Re: sw2015 system crash
          Martin MacDonald

IT could be. Have you recently installed 2015?

Scott Hopkin

Yes, thanks for reaching out. I believe I have the answer. After a lot of searching on the Solidworks forum I found mention of a Microsoft update KB3072630 that causes SW 2015 to become unstable. I'm in the process, at this moment, of following the instructions that were detailed in a post by Erik Rotolo 8/13/15, titled "Instability in Solidworks due to conflict with Microsoft KB3072630". I'm hopeful that this will solve my problem.

Francesco Oorthuizen

hello Scott,

Is there a pattern in the crashes? Have you observed the same workflow when you crash?

My top 3 crash issu's + solutions

1: .dll crashes you can find these in your windows logbook. Solution repair / reinstall .net framework 3.5.2 and 4....

2: turn off the option Tools' > 'Options' > 'System Options' > 'FeatureManager'> 'Scroll selected item into view'. ( causes allot of hangs in certain workflows)

3: like you mentioned the solution for the windows update.

With kind regards

Francesco