AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multi-Threaded Drawings?

Question asked by 1-9EP30S on Aug 13, 2007
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2007 by Kenneth Barrentine
I am struggling with what I think may be a conversion issue. I recently started working for a new company and I am in theprocess of getting ready to upgrading them from SW2005 to SW2007. At my previous company I was noticing that drawing viewsappeared to be processing as another process allowing me to work onthe drawing during this process.  I believe this was newfunctionality of 2006 or 2007?  I am having problems gettingthis behavior to work with very large assemblies that I convertfrom 2005 to 2007.  I am running a new Dell M90, Dual Core and4 gigs of RAM.  From an end user stand point what I am use toseeing is that from the drawing feature tree is an hour glassprocessing the drawing views.  I cannot achieve this on myfiles that I have converted.  The drawing that I am workingwith consumes about 1.5 gigs of active memory.  Has anyoneelse had this issue??

Another Note about this.  I read in the SolidWorks help thatAutomatic view update needs to be turned on.  In my case it isand it still does not work.

Outcomes