5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 10:10 AM by Jamie Barber

Linear Patterened Holes in a hole table

Tina Downing

I have a part where there is an 1/8" hole thru a 7/8" hole and then patterened for 9 instances.  My issue is when I create a Hole Table (chart) in the drawing and select the 1/8" hole feature to be included it gives me the 7/8" hole size in the table.  How do I get around this?

I've tried selecting both the face, and the hole edge, neither worked.

• Re: Linear Patterened Holes in a hole table
          Jamie Barber

Hi Tina, can you post an image of the geometry you are trying to show in the hole table, im a bit unsure if you mean you have a nested hole, i.e. a blind 7/8" hole with a 1/8" hole in it? (essentially a counterbored hole) or do you mean the 1/8" hole is radial to the 7/8" hole through its bore?

Tina Downing

The 7/8 dia hole, is a c'bore, and the 1/8" hole is offset from the center of the hole.  D1/E4 is the original geometry, the D2/G1 is form the pattern.

Hole Chart Pattern.JPG

Jamie Barber

Ah ok, I get what your trying to do (couldn't work out why it differed from a normal Cbore hole but the excentricity from the centre explains that!)

I've got a test to work (in 2015...what version are you using?) to a sort of fashion

I selected both the top face of the model plus the 9 bottom faces of the counterbore (all marked with a red cross) which gave me this

excentric counterbore.JPG

this gives you rows for each hole (I then combined same sizes) the annoyance with this is it still sees it as a counterbore regardless of the offset nature of the hole (in the truest sense of the word it Is I guess), therefore the easiest way to get round this is to then select the size cell and remove the "diameter 1/8" thru" portion of the cell text, i'm afraid its not responding automatically but it is atleast getting you 9/10ths of the way.

Hope this is of some use.

Tina Downing

I'm currently using 2014, Interesting how it gave you a C'bore in the description with the .175 thru.  When I selected both the top and bottom faces, it still gave me the C'bore callout.

Linear Pattern1.JPG

My fix was taking the 1/8" thru out of the original linear patter in the model, making it a separate pattern.

Linear Pattern2.JPG