AnsweredAssumed Answered

Parametric study in Flow 2014; goals for injected material

Question asked by Christopher Foskett on Aug 31, 2015

Hi all, I'm trying to optimize a curved microfluidics channel for my lab, with the end goal being the separation of different particles based on their mass/momentum (using Dean's Vortex).

So I'm attempting to set up a parametric study, with the aim being to optimize the separation of an injected particle into one of the two bifurcated outlets; I want as many of the injected particles to end up in a specific outlet as possible. However, I'm not sure how to go about determining an output parameter, as I can't make any goals relating to an injection or its particles (at least I don't know of a way, if it's possible, that would certainly be a start). My first thought was to use some kind of surface goal at each of the outlets, and then an equation goal making a comparison between the two, yet as I've already mentioned, I can't figure out a way of making goals involving the particles introduced by an injection, so I'm stumped. Perhaps there's a totally different way to go about this? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes