The issue is about how the end condition of Extrude variants always defaults to Blind. This includes three commands that add material (Boss Extrude, Surface Extrude, and Sheet Metal Base Flange), and three that remove material (Cut Extrude, Simple Hole, and the “Hole” hole type in the Hole Wizard). See the "Default end condition for Extrude features" discussion for more detail.
- Don’t change anything! Leave the default end condition as Blind in all of the Extrude variants.18
- Change the default to Through All for material removal, but leave it as Blind for addition.9
- Change the default to Through All for material removal, and Mid Plane for material addition.10
- Just change to remember my last used end condition setting for each of these commands. (top voted)27
- Remember my last setting, but only if it was Blind, Through All, or Mid Plane.12