AnsweredAssumed Answered

surface offset, extruded surface dimensions not configurable?

Question asked by Tom Gagnon on Sep 9, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2019 by Glenn Schroeder

I am making two PTFE-lined mixing tees from a ASME flanged tee. The original flanged tee, as downloaded from SWx content, contains many configurations by size. I'd like to carry that through.

I have used a Surface offset, three extruded surfaces with associated Surface-Trims, and a Split to create the liner body for a 1-1/2" lined flanged tee.

When trying to similarly apply the split to the 2" size, it has a slightly different offset value as well as a different diameter of the extruded surfaces used to surface trim the offset surface. I was able to set diameter in sketch as applicable to this configuration and give it a new value, but the Offset surface depth does not appear to be configurable. I was able to change the extrudes from a blind depth to an up to surface condition to work around that minor issue of not being able to configure extruded surface depth.

To produce accurate results, will I have to save out each size of the configured part as a separate part so that I can assign different values to the Surface-Offset?

Ref. installation 2018 SP5. Thank you.

Outcomes