I'm curious about everyone's opinion concerning Sheet Scale.
- Please state your stage of Drawing use in your response. Such as Designer/Drafter/Engineer, Machine shop floor, Quality Inspection, etc. I'm looking to understand the different views from the different stages of use of the drawings.
- Also please state your industry. Medical Device, Consumer products, building construction, etc...
I'm curious if there is a trend of like responses within specific industries.
1. Do you Print your Drawings on a plotter to scale; So a D size drawing is plotted on D size paper?
2. If the title block references a scale, (even with a note beside it that says, "DO NOT SCALE TO DRAWING") is it important to you that the model views are actually to that scale?
3. If the drawing title says 2:3 and the view is set to a custom scale of 1:3 in the view properties, should the view be labeled as 1:3? Is no label acceptable?
4. Is a drawing without reference to Scale acceptable?
5. What do "you" use Scale for?
Edited 8/22/2019 added request to include the industry you work in.