AnsweredAssumed Answered

Starting Solidworks @ my place of employment...

Question asked by Kevin Sanders on Aug 28, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 30, 2019 by Jim Steinmeyer

My company is wanting to slowly transition from AutoCAD to SW. I have over 20 years experience on AutoCAD, LDD (for those of you who remember that) and Civil 3D. I currently work with a company that does large equipment so my drawings are mechanical and structural now.

I am no SW Guru, and honestly only have 3 semesters of it from a local college. So I will have a ton of questions down the line. I want to start with a solid foundation for SW here in our company as I can see the power it has to bring some real change in our manufacturing drawings.

Currently my question is about borders. Can custom borders be created? I have looked here in the forum for answers, I have Googled for answers, and I feel like I may not be asking the right question.

I have already set up most of the Document Properties I feel would best represent our current standards. This, of course, can be tweaked along the way.

Of course, we already have a standard AutoCAD border, and I would like our SW border to be somewhat similar if possible. I have saved a template and have been trying to use Automatic Border to no avail.

Most of our drawings are for in house use and 90% of the time are produced in 17 X 11 for ease of access for our production personnel.

Thank you in advance for any and all input!

Next question... next post.... how to build these units from top down as many units are the same we just customize them to meet our client's needs.

Outcomes