AnsweredAssumed Answered

Discrepancies when using a sketch in one part as a reference point in another

Question asked by Lenny Dichiara on Jan 26, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2019 by Glenn Schroeder

Hello. I have an issue that is giving me fits because Im not sure what is causing the discrepancy.

I have an assembly file that is compromised of a handful of parts. What I am trying to do is modify one part

which is essentially a revolve - by using the profile of another part in my assembly so that they both conform to each other.

To do this, I open the part with the profile that I want to use, opened the sketch that defined the profile and copied it.

I then opened this up in my other file and pasted the sketch in the appropriate position and then made my modifications.

I have two separate designs that I need to do this with.

The first one worked, not problem and got everything to update correctly and without any part overlap.

The second design however when I update the assembly, the parts that I modified now have a slight overlap.Does anyone know what would cause this to happen? I am positive that the sketch is in the right position and all the modifications are correct yet it shows an overlap. I am viewing my part normal to the plane my sketch is on and perspective is off.

As I got this to work with my first part, I am at a loss as to what could be causing this.

Thank you,

L

Outcomes