8 9 10 11 12 174 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2019 10:31 AM by Jeremy Feist Go to original post
      • 150. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
        Matthew Lorono

Alex, reload drawing request seems to mean different things to different people.  Could you go into more detail (perhaps on the idea thread itself) about what results you expect when you use it and when you'd use it (I know you have an example above, but I'd like to see if you have more examples).

• 152. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
          Dan Pihlaja

OK, this is now a public SPR and can be voted on at will!

SPR 1112508: Center of rotation very far from model when using middle mouse to rotate view, when cursor on or near a part level sketch that is visible at assembly level

How do I vote on an SPR in the Knowledge Base?

• 153. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
            Jim Steinmeyer

Well I tried again.

Everything went well as I searched for and found your SPR. When I selected the SPR I got the following page, 3 times, and at this point all I could access is the SPRs I have already voted for. And SW wonders why so many of us do not use the miserable Knowledge Base.

Capture1.JPG

• 154. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
              Alex Lachance

I don't get that problem on 2016 SP5.0 Are you on a higher version..?

• 155. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
                Dan Pihlaja

Alex Lachance wrote:

I don't get that problem on 2016 SP5.0 Are you on a higher version..?

I had the problem in SW 2015 and SW 2017.

It only happens when you have a sketch inside a part that is show in an assembly.  And then your mouse pointer is hivering over the sketch when you start the middle mouse button rotation.

• 156. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
                  Alex Lachance

I put my pointer on the red dot, the sketch comes from a part on a lower level.

Rotates normally:

• 157. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
                    Dan Pihlaja

Alex Lachance  wrote:

I put my pointer on the red dot, the sketch comes from a part on a lower level.

Rotates normally:

It is very repeatable for me.

I dropped one part at origin, and then copied an instance of the 2nd part far away.

GIF File:

RepeatableRotation.gif

• 158. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
                      David Mandl

BTW:  I'm so glad that this thread has continued on.

• 159. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
                        S. Casale

Not mine but...

spr 720743

• 160. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
                          David Mandl

So, it's nice that they did some more work on Advanced Hole in 2018, but here's something a little more elemental that I would like to see:

Suppose I have two hole wizard holes stacked on top of each other (for example:  a tapped hole for one and a counterbored hole with a near side countersink for the other).  I use the Hole Callout function, it only grabs the data from one HW hole, depending on which edge I reference when placing the callout leader.

I can add other callout variables to my heart's content, yes?  But those values invariably come in as 0.00.  I eventually have to manually add the remaining callouts as plain text (so forget about any tolerances that I might want to add).

So here's what I want (what I really, really want):

Give me an option to "add to" a Hole Callout.  Similar to adding to a balloon stack:  let me RMB click on a callout, select "add to callout", then I can click on a new edge reference and this will add actual measurements to my hole callout.

Example: (using the above stacked HW holes).  I select the countersunk edge to create my initial callout, and get the countebore diameter and depth plus the countersink diameter and angle.  I select "add to callout", choose the edge for my tapped hole, and the actual tap drill, tap depth, thread description, and thread depth are added to my callout (with actual dimensions).

Huh?  Yeah?  Good idea?

• 161. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
                            Brad Meador

That would be great David Mandl as I have run into this myself.

• 162. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
                              Dan Pihlaja

David Mandl

Vote for this idea then:

Allow dimensions to reference other dimensions

Its not exactly what you want....but its closerer

• 163. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
                                Dennis Dohogne

David Mandl wrote:

So, it's nice that they did some more work on Advanced Hole in 2018, but here's something a little more elemental that I would like to see:

Suppose I have two hole wizard holes stacked on top of each other (for example: a tapped hole for one and a counterbored hole with a near side countersink for the other). I use the Hole Callout function, it only grabs the data from one HW hole, depending on which edge I reference when placing the callout leader.

I can add other callout variables to my heart's content, yes? But those values invariably come in as 0.00. I eventually have to manually add the remaining callouts as plain text (so forget about any tolerances that I might want to add).

Give me an option to "add to" a Hole Callout. Similar to adding to a balloon stack: let me RMB click on a callout, select "add to callout", then I can click on a new edge reference and this will add actual measurements to my hole callout.

Example: (using the above stacked HW holes). I select the countersunk edge to create my initial callout, and get the counterbore diameter and depth plus the countersink diameter and angle. I select "add to callout", choose the edge for my tapped hole, and the actual tap drill, tap depth, thread description, and thread depth are added to my callout (with actual dimensions).

Huh? Yeah? Good idea?

Nope, NOT a good idea.  A Great idea!  This is long overdue as the very situation you describe is a very common occurrence.  I can understand when SWX does not have an automatic/easy way to deal with unusual situations, but this is an everyday situation.

Get an SPR for it and post here.  I'll vote for it.  And then next year be sure to add it to the TTL ideas for more exposure and support.

• 164. Re: Hype your Enhancement Request
                                  Matt Peneguy

Dennis Dohogne wrote:

David Mandl wrote:

Suppose I have two hole wizard holes stacked on top of each other (for example: a tapped hole for one and a counterbored hole with a near side countersink for the other). I use the Hole Callout function, it only grabs the data from one HW hole, depending on which edge I reference when placing the callout leader.

I can add other callout variables to my heart's content, yes? But those values invariably come in as 0.00. I eventually have to manually add the remaining callouts as plain text (so forget about any tolerances that I might want to add).

Give me an option to "add to" a Hole Callout. Similar to adding to a balloon stack: let me RMB click on a callout, select "add to callout", then I can click on a new edge reference and this will add actual measurements to my hole callout.

Example: (using the above stacked HW holes). I select the countersunk edge to create my initial callout, and get the counterbore diameter and depth plus the countersink diameter and angle. I select "add to callout", choose the edge for my tapped hole, and the actual tap drill, tap depth, thread description, and thread depth are added to my callout (with actual dimensions).

Huh? Yeah? Good idea?

Nope, NOT a good idea. A Great idea! This is long overdue as the very situation you describe is a very common occurrence. I can understand when SWX does not have an automatic/easy way to deal with unusual situations, but this is an everyday situation.

Get an SPR for it and post here. I'll vote for it. And then next year be sure to add it to the TTL ideas for more exposure and support.

I agree with both of you.  I'll add another example.  Say I want to have some holes shop drilled then reamed at assembly.  How do I represent that on the drawing?  Not easily, that's for sure.  I tried a few versions back stacking hole wizard holes and they always showed with the caution sign after a few saves/opens.  It was definitely buggy and did not show correctly on the drawings, at all.

8 9 10 11 12