AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trimming a imported solid issues

Question asked by Jim Moses on Sep 14, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2018 by Paul Salvador

Hi,

Ok let me start I imported a step from Hiwin, site for a block (HGW20CCZ0C & HGW25CCZ0C) now the models imported correctly except the planes and a few other items are off a bit like 6-8 places out, I know it doesn't matter, but I am one who can't for the life of me figure out why things are not a whole number and try to correct it.

Both of these files have this issue the 25 is the one I am showing you the issues below.

Now the block in the below picture is a HGW25CC, and the dim from mounting face to rail mounting face is 36mm so I set my Front face exactly that distance, yet I have 3 faces that according to the measure tool are in line yet clearly are not. and as you can see by the below images. (also note it should be 70 mm wide which is also skewed)

my thought was to trim everything by a box yet Solidworks wont allow me to trim it square

So am I missing something as i tried to move it correctly or is my measure tool hosed or something else going on as what I am trying to do should work.

Regards,

Attachments

Outcomes