3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2018 5:12 PM by Steve Krause

Saving default line weights and other Properties

Steve Krause

In the Properties pane on the left is there a way to save settings?  For example: when I create Paths (explosion lines) they always come in at 1pt with Extremities set to Round on both ends.  I want to change that default.

And speaking of those explosion lines, how do I lengthen them?

Steve Krause

• Re: Saving default line weights and other Properties
          Dirk Rautenberg

To create Standards for all actors you have to create styles about style Workshop!

To lengthen a path (there is no possibility to lengthen a associaitve path!) or polyline  click with the Cursor on one of the endpoints and in the same time use the ALT-key.

Steve Krause

"To create Standards for all actors you have to create styles about style Workshop!"

I selected an actor, went to the properties pane, changed properties to remove the end point filled circles, changed the line weight and line type.  Then in the Styles tab and with the line selected I clicked on Quick Style and gave a name to the new Style.  That is helpful. 

A few questions:

1) can I set this style as a default for when I create an associative or non associative path?  That way I wouldn't have to change those path lines using a Style.  How is the default style for associative and non associative paths set?

2) I did this without going into the Workshops >Styles area.  What is the purpose of the Workshops >Styles area?  It seems that you create styles from the Styles tab, not in Workshops. I imagine the Workshops > Styles area is meant for some sort of management but I don't what.

Steve

Steve Krause

"To lengthen a path (there is no possibility to lengthen a associaitve path!) or polyline  click with the Cursor on one of the endpoints and in the same time use the ALT-key."

I see now that there is no way to lengthen an associative path. I do see that if you pick a non-associative line or a polyline near the end of the line you get three little grey triangles that mean the line can be pulled around and extended.  I don't see what you are doing with the Alt-key. It seems that the line can be selected and moved without using the Alt-key.

Steve