Here is the link to download the tool
I believe all of you here know how to calculate/design an extension spring. However, with many unknown variables/options, manually designing a spring with pen and paper is sometimes time consuming. That’s not all, using the resulted calculations to model a spring in SW is another painstaking unless you have a good spring template.
To combine two in one, this tool can be used to speed up a process of designing a spring from initial selected inputs to a final 3D extension spring in SW
Here is a quick instruction (from ReadMe text file which is included in the download package)
There are 3 files in the download package
- Cvc Extension Spring Template.prtdot (Part only, drawing template is not included)
- Shut down Solidworks (SW)
- Save template, CvC Extension Spring Part Template.prtdot, to your SW template folder.
- Run Cvc_Tools_E-01.exe to install the tool to your computer. If you already installed old version of Cvc_Tools, it’ll be replaced with this new version. The installation steps will be short and simple with few clicks and you’re done.
- Run the SW and enjoy the tool
Note: You can add more features to the template but It’s best NOT to modify any existing feature in it. You might get error message since the program can’t find equations/variables from the template or the template can’t be updated to your final design
How to link the spring parameters from 3D model to 2D drawing
- In your drawing template, create a general table, say 3 rows x 7 column
- Link the CusProp from your spring 3D model (see the last row in the att. image
Open the drawing template and insert the spring. The table will be filled up - see sample image
Download/try it and let me know what you think