10 11 12 13 14 Next Last 207 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2018 11:44 AM by David Matula Go to original post
      • 195. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
        Brian McEwen

"when does Escape complete an action?"

Maybe that is not the best phrasing on my part.

In some commands you loose what you were doing, in some commands Escape ends the tool, and you keep what you have. I'm struggling to remember examples.

An easy one is that hitting Escape after sketching line segments ends the command, and you don't loose what you sketched so far.

...At the moment I can't think of the one where I lose some work.

• 196. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
          Tom Gagnon

Copy with mates must be accepted then canceled (ESC) once defined, despite misnomer in FM text on green background which reads: "Component has been placed. Press OK to place another component."

That's not right. It has not been placed until you hit OK. After that, you can hit ESC and end the command.

If you believe the text, do not hit OK, and hit ESC, then the current Copy instance will be cancelled instead. Lost work lesson learned.

• 197. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
            Jerry Myer

By all means - to be able to DISABLE snapping to a midpoint. 

I don't want to know how long I need to wait before it sneaks up on me.  I want this to be a feature that can be configured in Options, just like any other snapping feature.  There is already access to the capability via RMB.  No need to force snapping to a midpoint on every user, or expecting them to 'snapasfastasyoucan' to avoid hitting the midpoint.

SnapAsFastAsYouCan

The midpoint is coming!

• 198. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
              Umberto Zanola

FIX PACK AND GO

WE GOT 2018 SP0.1 AND IT IS STILL BROKEN

• 199. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
                Dwight Livingston

Don

Another little thing . . .

Nice if one could select a subfolder of solid bodies and all the bodies in the subfolder would be selected. For instance, I have 2500-body part and have some 30 bodies in subfoloders that I expext to need often. I do a Move feature and would like to select all the bodies in lilke 5 of the subfolders. I have to open up all the subfolders and pick bodies from the list.

Thanks

Dwight

• 200. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
                  S. Casale

CTL TAB between windows.

• 201. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
                    Brian McEwen

If you mean what I think you mean, this works fine. Like with multiple parts open you can Ctrl+Tab to go to the next.  Option to hold down control key - then you see a window with thumbnails of all open parts, and you can either mouse click one, or tab thru them. This has been a feature since at least 2016? 

• 203. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
                      Kevin Chandler

Hello,

I don't see the point to multiple pages for copy with mates.

It used to be one page.

BTW: I submitted this for the last Top Ten but it didn't get elected.

Thank you for asking,

Kevin

• 204. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
                        David Matula

THE LITTLE THINGS....

this one has been a pain since the interface has changed way back when.  I was able to keep the program set up like I was used to for a while adding all the little tool bars that I liked and what not but when the new guys would come in and then they would need help I could not find a darn command for them or show them where it was, if they did not know it took a while to find it.  That kind of forced me to start using the command manager.

I have already filled the keyboard up with short cuts from one end of the program to another...so when it comes to some basic modeling having the sketch and the features on different tabs is a pain in the mouse clicks.  To but the basics with the sketch like revolve extrude and cut would be much better and then all the special features on the other tab sure would make it better cause I still have not mastered the right mouse click for looking for commands.

• 205. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
                          Glenn Schroeder

David Matula wrote:

THE LITTLE THINGS....

this one has been a pain since the interface has changed way back when. I was able to keep the program set up like I was used to for a while adding all the little tool bars that I liked and what not but when the new guys would come in and then they would need help I could not find a darn command for them or show them where it was, if they did not know it took a while to find it. That kind of forced me to start using the command manager.

I have already filled the keyboard up with short cuts from one end of the program to another...so when it comes to some basic modeling having the sketch and the features on different tabs is a pain in the mouse clicks. To but the basics with the sketch like revolve extrude and cut would be much better and then all the special features on the other tab sure would make it better cause I still have not mastered the right mouse click for looking for commands.

David,

Have you tried using the Search tool for those cases?

• 206. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
                            Francisco Martínez

I just recently started using mouse gestures for my selection tools and and other heavily used options. Saving my new parts or assemblies before adding anything( open sw, open new part, save part or assembly, then start modeling or assembly) I have seen a huge reduction in crashes since I started this.

• 207. Re: Sometimes… It’s the little things
                              David Matula

that was way back in the day.  when they first changed it over. I have since overcame and adapted and have also found the search thing...that is neat to be able to find some commands or just add em to a tool bar. 

10 11 12 13 14 Next Last