I am normally an NX API developer, and now I have a question regarding the SolidWorks API. The question is as follows: what are the geneal principles of laucnhing API applications for SolidWorks?
I explain: in NX, you have the following options of launching API applications:
- Launching it as a 'journal', that means executing uncompiled source code in .NET.
- Launching a compiled DLL, that in turn involves the following options depending on availability of a API author license:
- User has access to the API author licence and application executes after finding it
- User has no access to the API author licence but DLL has been 'signed' by the valid license and application executes after finding the signature
- User has no access to the API author license and DLL has not bees 'signed' and therfore it fails to be executed.
I need to know what are the options for SolidWorks? Does developing or launching require some kind of API author/cosumer license or not? Is it possible to launch an uncompiled .NET source code?
Could anyone please provide an overview for me? Thanks in advance!