I am trying to run a steady state thermal analysis on a circuit board. I have...
- Defined the materials for all components
- Established contact sets for the thermal resistances between components
- Established a bonded global contact
- Defined the temperature of the base plate the model rests on
- Defined the heat power of the multiple circuit components
- Meshed the assembly using mesh controls, Jacobian points, & compatible mesh
When I run the study I receive an error saying "The Iterative Solver stopped. Numerical difficulties (Preconditioning failed) Please check thermal loads folder. No results saved."
I noticed that the icon next to one of the heat power loads is black and white while the remaining loads are red. (maybe this is a clue to the issue).
I've read forum posts about numerical difficulties with static loads, but didn't find much about thermal loads. Do you have any recommendations on how to determine which thermal load is causing the issue?
Unfortunately, I am not able to share the files.