So, we have our datacard and it pulls a ECN # based on the next serial number when someone does the New ECN command. No problem there and technically this isn't a huge problem, but I'm trying to figure out why it changed on me.
As mentioned, when we do the New ECN command it pulls the serial number for the new ECN. Sometime between yesterday and a month ago, something must have changed, a setting or something that I haven't located. But what used to happen was, I would demonstrate the system by right clicking and selecting New ECN. Then I would just hit cancel so an ECN wasn't created. This had the added benefit that it would also not use up the next serial number and I could demo it all the time for everyone we were training on the ECN process.
Yesterday though, I noticed that it is now incrementing the serial number even when I hit cancel instead of when it created the actual file. I'm trying to figure out what setting I changed or what I did to make this happen as it was pretty convenient the old way to just hit cancel when I was training someone new. Again, last training I did was beginning of the month and it worked as I originally described. Yesterday though it now seems to want to increment the serial number whether I press cancel or not.