9 10 11 12 13 Next Last 182 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2017 10:39 AM by Tim Geary Go to original post
      • 180. Re: March 2014 - Suggested Computer Specs
        Peter Medina

To that end, does anyone know if random Solidworks crashes are related to memory errors?

• 181. Re: March 2014 - Suggested Computer Specs
          Jamie Austin

Charles or others,

I was recently provided with a Lenovo D30 from another project that no longer needs it. The system has a Xeon ES-2640 v2 CPU, 32Mb of Axiom DDR3-1600 RAM, and an ASUS Stryker video card. We run Win7-64 for our OS and currently are running SolidWorks 2015 and I'm hoping to go to 2016 soon.I work doing CADD for a medical device company and do everything from single parts to 1,000+ part assemblies and single page to 20+ page drawing sets. I do some simulation and FEA work but it is not my primary duty. Best Job I've ever had but I'm not sure which graphics card is my best bet. SolidWorks lists drivers for only the Quadro cards (2000, 4000, 5000, and K's) currently. The Nvidia site lists the Quadro K2200 thru the M6000 for workstations but I have allways been partial to AMD products. If the Nvidia products work better with an Intel chip though you gotta do what you gotta do. What would you suggest based on what you are seeing now? I'd rather spend money on a large SSD than on graphics potential I can't utilize. I have budget for both card and SSD I just hate to throw away money, even when it isn't mine. Thanks for everything you and the others have done with this link. The information depth is amazing.

• 182. Re: March 2014 - Suggested Computer Specs
            Tim Geary

I am in the market for a new workstation... Should I just work through this thread and see the specs or are you coming out with an update soon?

Thanks,

Tim

9 10 11 12 13 Next Last