AnsweredAssumed Answered

Balloon leaders are not centered

Question asked by Austin Broeker on Nov 1, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2017 by Austin Broeker

We just upgraded to SW 2017 from 2015 and now we are having a problem with bent leaders not being centered on circular split-line balloons. Is this a bug, did SW change their balloon standards, or do I need to somehow update a balloon "template" to the 2017 version?

The leader still connects to the center for standard circular balloons, and a coworker discovered that switching the leader type to "multi-jog" fixes the problem, but this was never an issue when we had 2015. I've tried going into the document options and playing with the balloon standards, but I can't find anything that affects where the leader attaches vertically. It also looks like the leader changes its location depending on which side of the balloon it's attached to, but not depending on whether it's pointing up or down.

I've also tried playing with all of the individual balloon properties. The option that looks like it could solve this problem is grayed out. I've even tried un-selecting all of the "use document display" boxes, but to no avail.

I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any insight as to why this would have changed from previous versions (we skipped 2016 so I don't know if it was an issue in that build)? Should I just make the multi-jog leader our new standard?

Thanks,

Austin

Outcomes