5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2017 7:16 PM by Maha Nadarasa

Maintenance Expires in February

John Frahm

What happens if my management lets Maintenance expire in February?

• Re: Maintenance Expires in February
          Christian Chu

then you're screwed ! with no support !

Seriously,  don't wait too long or you have to buy a new $eat again + $ubscription

Rick McDonald

The cost to renew later will include backdating - so if you wait 2 years to renew you will still have to pay for the 2 years you were off at full price even though you get none of the benefits:

SolidWorks will be switching to a “full backdating” format 1/1/16. https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/99007

You will also loose access to many "My Solidworks" features - no downloads, updates, service, support, ...

You will loose all VAR support.

The list goes on and on.

I suggest, while you still have the subscription, download all the files and installation for the version and SP you are on now - so you have a backup if you have to re-install - you will not be able to download it again later.

Also, download the newest service pack for the version you are on (if you are not on SP5)

Also, download the newest version (2017) and SP that is available about a week before your subscription ends so you could later upgrade to that SP (that is the highest level version and SP you will be able to install on your system after your subscription ends.

Christian Chu

I suggest, while you still have the subscription, download all the files and installation for the version and SP you are on now - so you have a backup if you have to re-install - you will not be able to download it again later.

Also, download the newest service pack for the version you are on (if you are not on SP5)

Also, download the newest version (2017) and SP that is available about a week before your subscription ends so you could later upgrade to that SP (that is the highest level version and SP you will be able to install on your system after your subscription ends.

Hey, do you know what VAR don't want you to know - Rick already spelled out !!!

Rick McDonald

also look at this post:

"forum access after subscription expires" https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/198804

Maha Nadarasa

Biggest problem is you will not get updates if you don't have subscription. Updates are important to keep you current.