4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2016 2:02 PM by Shon Owl

    technical surfacing: a definition

    Bart Brejcha

      I've heard the term 'technical surfacing' describe different things over the years and am struggling to define it appropriately. Maybe there is a better term for what I'm looking to describe different from surfacing technician?


      I heard one product manager on the West coast request a need for technical surfacing people/ training however he was interested in simply a surfacing expert. Comments?


      It seams to me technical surfacing is apposed to form surfacing in that tooling engineers may need surfaces to create special cuts using surface to accomplish a specific task.


      Maybe there are many different types of Surfacing users.  Surfacing for non form engineers  1 Surface offsets for creating progressive electrodes 2 surface sweeps to create draft when draft feature is not working or appropriate. 3 cuts up to surface


      Maybe technical surfacing is they can do it all.


      Can anyone comment?


      Bart Brejcha