It is like it is not reading the link $PRP:"SW-Configuration Name". I am running SW 2014
Once I select the box it is fixed. Is there another way to fix so I dont have to keep doing this?
I forgot to mention this was a read only model that I am using and adjusting. The Value/ text didn't change, but the file name did.
It is working fine for me.
Did you tried force rebuild (ctrl + q).
Yes it didn't work. I checked the part that I copied and that one is good. I have tried making a new part and I am getting the same issue where it like it is not reading whats in the box
Check the Configurations Tab - if it's in there delete the Description property and then see if it populates in the Customs Tab
I dont see anything there
Ok - in the part file that's working - can you do a "Save As" template and make a new part, see if it works then
This is happening after I do a Save as. It is correct and working fine in the template or on the file I am adjusting but as soon as I hit save as and rename it is when it stops pulling unless I select the cell.
this happens to me as well, I just built a macro to update the linked cells in my files. What helps but doesn't always fix it is doing a full clean install on the machine. so uninstall, use the advanced options to uninstall EVERYTHING solidworks has then do a re install and it should work more often.
Ya that is my course of action at this time.
Retrieving data ...