AnsweredAssumed Answered

HELP!! 2k Budget for a Visualize Computer

Question asked by Brandon Frank on Apr 21, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 by Aaron Lehnhardt

I have been allowed to spend 4k for two computers or laptops AND monitors that will be used to render some of our companies products into videos for visualize. The people using the machines will be rendering videos of around 100 different products. What can I expect performance wise for 2k per rig? I don't want to purchase these devices just to have them not be good enough. The people using visualize are planning on queuing up their work and rendering over night and on the weekends.  In this posting, it was taking a K1100M an hour and 15 minutes to render a photo of a camaro, I am imagining it taking a whole heck of a lot longer for video can one render be done over night with a K1100M is video realistic? SOLIDWORKS Visualize - Graphics performance NVIDIA Quadro 

This is kind of what I've been looking at Amazon.com: $1,000-$1,500 - NVIDIA Quadro / Desktops / Computers & Tablets: Electronics

It's going to be my butt if we spend 4k, which I had to fight for and can't get anything done. I don't believe that this will be near enough computing power but hopefully I am wrong.

THANKS !!

Outcomes