AnsweredAssumed Answered

[Solidworks 2015 - Win 8.1] Problem with equations

Question asked by Vittorio Villani on Jul 24, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 by Adidoro Adidoro

Hello all.

I am using SolidWorks 2015 SP4.0 on a ZBook 14 workstation with Windows 8.1. Drivers and windows are updated to the latest version.

Unfortunately I am experiencing some problems with SolidWorks 2015. I can't work with files, from another computer with the same SolidWorks 2015 installed, when they have equations or global variables defined.

I found this discussion: Please help, "The syntax of this equation is incorrect." since I have the exact same problem, but unfortunately I could not solve the problem reinstalling SolidWorks. I also tried to install an older version (SP2.1) but it seems that equations can't be used. I also tried to repair SolidWorks installation but nothing seems to happen.

The ZBook was recently formatted and I installed all the drivers and software from HP that I need before installing SolidWorks.

I am attaching to this email a screenshot of the installed software. Maybe somebody could help me, this problem is very annoying and I can't use most of the files that I need to work on.

Please let me know!

Attachments

Outcomes