AnsweredAssumed Answered

HELP: Inserting custom property value in file name during save as macro

Question asked by Matt Jones on Jul 16, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2015 by Ivana Kolin

Hey Guys,

I have written (with your help) a macro that saves all open drawings (or files maybe doesn't matter) and closes. This works great!

I am wondering if I can add the revision letter  to the file name in a specific place when the macro saves it as a PDF?

The naming convention for drawings at the company I work for puts a -A after the part number but before the description in the file name of the PDF. eg. "234101-100-01-A Beam Fabrication.pdf" when the drawing part name is "234101-100-01 Beam Fabrication.slddrw"

The revision is a custom property from the part document ( $PRPSHEET:"Revision" )

So my rambling aside can insert put the -$PRPSHEET:"Revision" 13 characters in from the left while saving as a pdf in my macro???

Any help would be greatly appreciated (please see my macro code below and feel free to modify it )

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim Part As SldWorks.ModelDoc2

Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Dim FilePath As String

Dim Pathsize As Long

Dim PathNoExtension As String

Dim NewFilePath As String

swDocs = swApp.GetDocuments

For i = 0 To UBound(swDocs)

Set Part = swDocs(i)

If Part.GetType = swDocDRAWING Then

FilePath = Part.GetPathName

Pathsize = Strings.Len(FilePath)

PathNoExtension = Strings.Left(FilePath, Pathsize - 6)

NewFilePath = PathNoExtension & "pdf"

Part.SaveAs2 NewFilePath, 0, True, False

swApp.QuitDoc Part.GetTitle   

End If

Next i

End Sub

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Outcomes