6 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2015 3:16 PM by Deepak Gupta

$HW-SIZE@feature_name

Sean Madden

Can anyone explain how to use this syntax to drive a hole size in a design table? I want to be able to select or enter a thread size in the table, but cannot find any instructions on how to do so. The parameter exists in SW, but I cannot find any information on how to properly employ it.

Thanks

• Re: $HW-SIZE@feature_name
          Deepak Gupta

Add the required hole. In the design table, add a column with header as $HW-SIZE@ proceeded with the hole feature name. Add the value of the hole size in the cell below.

For example if you added M6 Tapped Hole, then its feature name would be M6x1.0 Tapped Hole1, So header in design table would be $HW-SIZE@M6x1.0 Tapped Hole1. You may have to close and reopen design table to get the drop down with all the values.

Jamil Snead

The method Deepak mentioned should work. I'd suggest renaming the feature before you do this so that it doesn't specify the hole size, since it will vary depending on the configuration. So instead of "M6x1.0 Tapped Hole1" you can just rename it to "Tapped Hole1". In case the drop down menus don't work for you, the syntax in the table for the feature value is "M5x0.8" or "M6x1.0" without the quotes.

Sean Madden

This method does work very well. But, it does not allow for both metric and inch size holes to be specified from one cell in the design table. It seems to be either inch or metric. Is there a way around that?

Thanks for your help.