Since I am on my mobile phone now it is harder to guide you throuh it.
In the assembly the solid bodies can be hidden within the parts, so it will not show or hide when you show or hide parts. RMB click the solid bodies folder within the parts and select show. If you do not see the solid body folder, go to options -> feature manager..... there you can select to show the bodies folder.
Hope this helps.
But if this were the issue would they not be hidden in both the top-level assembly and the sub-assembly then?
In my case they are only not showing in the top level assembly.
Sorry, misread your post.
Some suggestions, I would probably try. Not particular in that order:
- Graphic card driver, you could have a look to see if you are running on a certified one here Graphics Card Drivers | SOLIDWORKS
- shut off realview graphics etc. from the heads-up view toolbar
- you could try to suppress/unsuppress
- Set lightweight to resolved
- You could try to reload the subassemblies
- Recreate display states if any
- The assembly file can be corrupt
- Save the assembly with new name
- "large assembly mode" off
I have run the solidworks RX diadnostics and everything is good and up to date. I do not think it is a corrupt file as it happens in several different top level assemblies that use different sub assemblies.
I will try some of the other suggestions and see if anything helps.
All the parts show in the sub-assembly. It is only when I open the top level assembly that they disappear. And it only is happening in 2-3 out of about 10 sub assemblies that make up the top level assembly. And this is happening in many different top level assemblies. .