I am looking for timps to make my mechanical linkages perform better in SW. I am currently running SW 2014 SP 3 and am having a lot of crashing going on when I attempt to articulate a design. It seems like my computer is really having a hard time (bogging-down) when I move a single piece. This is more than frustrating because I know my computer has more than enough power to complete these actions.
Also, pretty much everytime I move a sub-assembly, parts from another sub-assm seem to move in correspondence to the movement of the first sub-assm and they are not mated to do so.
In another instance I have a grate lid sub-assm that will blow apart when I move an unrelated sub-assm, and CTRL+Q won't rebuild the lid. In fact, the lid stay blown apart until I actually move it and then it will reassemble correctly.
I am looking for anything that will help to eliminate these rebuild, calculation and mate errors that I seem to be experiencing. Again the assembly I am working with is rather large but I feel my computer should be able to keep up.
My system is: Intel i7 CPU @ 3.4 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000 VIDEO CARD
1 TB HARD DRIVE
RUNNING WIN 7